Courts We Serve
MCPO Press Releases
- MAP: Will clouds block the view of solar eclipse from your backyard?
- Group donates record number of backpacks at Joint Base (PHOTOS)
- Motorcyclist thrown from his Harley on I-287 dies, State Police say
- Man accused in random attack, beating death indicted on murder charge
- Blaze that destroyed South Brunswick house deemed accidental
Strong Defense Against Harsh Gun Control Laws
New Jersey has some of the strictest gun control laws in the United States. The No Early Release Act and the Graves Act may mean that you face mandatory prison time and inability for parole if you are convicted of a weapons violation.
Even though the laws are strict, you still have rights and you still have the opportunity to defend yourself against gun charges and weapons violations. The Middlesex County gun charge attorneys at Marshall Bonus Proetta & Oliver are experienced criminal defense attorneys, including former prosecutors, who are committed to providing a strong defense when you encounter New Jersey’s strict gun laws.
Edison Weapons Offenses Attorney
In New Jersey, you can be charged with a crime if you have an illegal weapon in your possession, or if you possess a weapon and intend to use it for an illegal activity. Our law firm represents people who are charged with a range of weapons offenses, including
- Unlawful possession of a weapon
- Possession of an illegal handgun
- Certain person not to possess a weapon
- Possession of a firearm without a valid permit
- Possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes
- Imitation firearms
- Illegal weapons
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a CDS offense
- Unlawful disposition of a firearm
When we represent you on these charges, we will examine all possible angles for a good defense. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may be able to seek dismissal of the charges or challenge evidence in the case on the basis that police violated your Constitutional rights. Although our attorneys will consider alternative resolutions to your case, if it is in your best interests we are not afraid to take a case to trial.
Free Initial Consultations ♦ Available 24/7 ♦ 732-246-7126
Our experienced lawyers are committed to protecting your rights and defending you against weapons charges. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us today at 732-246-7126 or contact us online. We are available night and day.