Courts We Serve
- 27 December, 2016
- 26 December, 2016
- 3 December, 2016
Sayreville NJ DUI Attorneys
Former Prosecutors Ready to Fight For You
You probably have been charged with DWI in Sayreville if you have landed on this page. It is also likely that you are trying to find the most qualified attorney to represent you on your driving while intoxicated offense. And if you are truly interested in what should be important, things like training, experience, and familiarity with the Sayreville Municipal Court, we certainly should be a firm you speak to. We have not only been appearing in Sayreville for over twenty (20) years now but also happen to have 4 former prosecutors on staff, 4 attorneys who are certified on the Alcotest, 2 who are instructors in Field Sobriety Testing, and 3 lawyers with over 20 years of experience. We truly believe that there is no other firm in the state that can offer this level of credentials for handling your DUI. One of the attorneys at our firm, The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, is ready to speak to you free of charge about your first offense, second offense or third offense. Take advantage of the resources the lawyers at our firm can offer you in defending your DWI by calling our East Brunswick Office at 732-227-1200.
Best Issues for Defeating a Driving While Intoxicated Charge in Sayreville NJ
Although the penalties for committing a DWI offense are significant in NJ, there are many issues that can help prevent a conviction. The following are a few that can be raised in your Sayreville Municipal Court DWI case:
- The Police Officer Lacked Reasonable Suspicion for the Traffic Stop. Unless the encounter with police was the result of a valid road block, they must possess reasonable suspicion to believe a motor vehicle violation occurred. Our decades of experience, many years of which as prosecutors, allows us to identify when there is an opening to contest the stop.
- You Passed the Field Sobriety Tests. Police must possess probable cause to believe that the accused was operating a vehicle in violation of the NJ DWI Law. To fulfil this requirement, police customarily administer field sobriety tests. However, many officers fail to comply with the standards for administering and scoring these tests. This is where a defense attorney certified, perhaps even one who is an instructor in field sobriety testing, can prove invaluable. Our firm possesses this level of training and expertise.
- The Alcotest Operator Failed to Comply With Protocol. There are guidelines that must be followed by police in order for blood alcohol content (“BAC”) reflected in your Alcotest breath test results readings to be admissible in court. We know how to identify when a guideline has been violated, ignored or otherwise not adhered to.
- The Alcotest Malfunctioned and/or Failed. Standard discovery can reveal an issue with the breath test that prevents the prosecutor from utilizing BAC readings in a case. There is also “digital discovery”, which basically refers to the audit information generated with respect to a particular breath test machine. An attorney must request this information and, when it is received, either hire an expert to analyze it or have the know how to do so on their own. The lawyers at our firm are among the limited number in the state that have the ability to review the digital download and figure out what it reveals.
- The Prosecutor Fails to Provide Discovery. One of the keys to success in defending NJ DWI charges is relentless pursuit of any and all documents and other discovery. Pressing for discovery often involves filing motions and taking other steps to force the police and/or prosecutors to produce an item(s). When they fail to provide the information or do so in an untimely fashion, we are ready to seek dismissal or other relief.
Sayreville DWI Lawyer
As you can see, there are ways of beating your driving under the influence of drugs or while intoxicated offense in Sayreville. A major factor in whether you are successful in this regard is the skill and commitment level of the attorney you retain to defend you. We honestly believe that the credentials of our attorneys are exceptional and know that we are committed to putting whatever time and energy it takes to insure that a client achieves the best outcome. A lawyer on our team is available immediately to discuss your Sayreville DWI. Give our Woodbridge Office a call at 732-634-0700 for a free consultation.
Map & Directions to Sayreville Municipal Court
Helpful Information Regarding the Borough of Sayreville
Sayreville is a municipality measuring 18.7 square miles that is located along the Raritan River in Middlesex County NJ. Edison, East Brunswick and Old Bridge are the border towns. Approximately 42,704 reside in Sayreville as it is conveniently located to the Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, US Route 1, and State Highway Route 35 & 36.