• We are

    Available 24/7
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Free Consultations
Piscataway Office
New Brunswick Office
East Brunswick Office
Woodbridge Office
Edison Office
Call Now

Middlesex County Criminal Defense Lawyer

  • Over 200 Years of Combined Experience
  • Former Director in Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office
  • Certified Criminal Trial Attorneys
  • Former Municipal Prosecutor in Edison, Woodbridge, New Brunswick, Piscataway & Other Local Towns
  • 10 Attorneys Practicing Exclusively in DUI & Criminal Defense

Going to Court

Appearing in Middlesex County Courts

For many clients, one of the most intimidating aspects of a criminal case is having to go to court. The anxiety that can be caused by having to appear before a judge in New Brunswick, South Brunswick, Spotswood or another municipal court can be overwhelming. The fear can be even worse for those with a hearing on an indictable crime case at the Middlesex County Superior Court. There are few things that can relieve these feelings like the comfort of a knowledgeable and compassionate defense lawyer. At The Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall our team has decades of experience appearing throughout the county court system. Knowing not only how to navigate the courts but how to effectively defend a clients is an attribute that our lawyers certainly can provide to you. If you would like to speak to an attorney in a complementary consultation, call our New Brunswick Office at 732-246-7126.

What You Need To Do If You Are Going To Court

If you have to appear in court in Middlesex County, these are a few basic suggestions:

· Dress nicely

· Be respectful to court staff

· Be prepared by consulting with an experienced attorney

Before your appearance, our attorneys will review the criminal legal process with you and give you the right information so that you know what to expect before you enter the courtroom.

During the criminal legal process, which can include status conferences, Pre-Indictment Conferences (PIC), arraignment, pre- and post-indictment, and the potential negotiation of a plea deal, we will offer our advice, and collaborate with you to make a decision whether or not you should accept the plea deal or go to trial. If you decide to accept the plea deal, you will go on record before the judge, pay fines and court costs and resolve your case. If you decide to go to trial, a trial date will be set and our attorneys will begin trial preparation.

Middlesex County Municipal Court Charges

Depending on the charges you face, you will encounter a variety of settings. If you are facing a DWI, traffic ticket or other municipal court charge, you will be in a local municipal court. Most citizens of New Jersey will come into contact with the judicial system through the municipal courts. Municipal courts will handle traffic offenses, DWI, theft and fraud offenses, and other offenses that occur under the jurisdiction of the municipality. Whether you are a defendant, witness or victim entering court it is important to understand your role, rights, and obligations as you enter the municipal.

Cases in Middlesex County Superior Courts

If you’re facing charges on indictable offenses, which carry the potential of significant jail time, you may face a very different experience in a New Jersey Superior Court. At the County level, navigating the court system can be complicated and extensive. You may face grand jury proceedings that result in indictment. Our attorneys will represent your interests from your arrest through arraignment, possibly negotiate a plea deal and seek diversionary programs and other pre-trial intervention options to protect your rights. In some cases, we are able to see charges completely dismissed. If a plea bargain is not in your best interest or if you are not eligible for pre-trial intervention or diversionary programs, we will discuss going to trial, preparing you for all potential outcomes and consequences.

If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime, you can talk to a Middlesex County defense lawyer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 732-450-8300 or 732-246-7126 for a free initial consultation. We are here to help you.